Publications of Note
Perform a customized PubMed literature search for Dr. Brow.
- Montemayor EJ, Virta JM, Hayes SM, Nomura Y, Brow DA, Butcher SE. (2020). Molecular basis for the distinct cellular functions of the Lsm1-7 and Lsm2-8 complexes. RNA 26:1400-1413. PMCID: PMC7491322
- Brow DA. (2019) An allosteric network for spliceosome activation revealed by high-throughput suppressor analysis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics 212:111-124. PMCID: PMC6499515 (Highlighted article)
- Didychuk AL, Butcher SE†, Brow DA†. (2018) The life of U6 small nuclear RNA, from cradle to grave. RNA 24:437-460. (Review) †corresponding author
- Montemayor EJ†, Didychuk AL, Yake AD, Sidhu GK, Brow DA†, Butcher SE†. (2018) Architecture of the U6 snRNP reveals specific recognition of 3′-end processed U6 snRNA. Nature Communications 9:1749. †corresponding authors
- Chen, X., Poorey, K., Wells, M.N., Müller, U., Bekiranov, S., Auble, D.T., and Brow, D.A. (2017) Transcriptomes of six mutants in the Sen1 pathway reveal combinatorial control of transcription termination across the Saccharomyces cerevisiae genome. PLOS Genetics, 13:e1006863.
- Montemayor, E.J., Didychuk, A.L., Liao, H., Hu, P., Brow, D.A., and Butcher, S.E. (2017) Structure and conformational plasticity of the U6 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein core. Acta Cryst. D Struct. Biol., 73, 1-8.
- Rodgers, M.L., Didychuk, A.L., Butcher, S.E., Brow, D.A., and Hoskins, A.A. (2016) A multi-step model for facilitated unwinding of the yeast U4/U6 RNA duplex. Nucl. Acids Res., 44, 10912-10928.
- AL Didychuk, EJ Montemayor, DA Brow, SE Butcher. (2016) Structural requirements for protein-catalyzed annealing of U4 and U6 RNAs during di-snRNP assembly. Nucl. Acids Res. 44, 1398-1410.
- S Martin-Tumasz and DA Brow. (2015). Saccharomyces cerevisiae Sen1 helicase domain exhibits 5’ to 3’ helicase activity with a preference for translocation on DNA rather than RNA. J. Biol. Chem. 290:22880-22889. (awarded “Paper of the Week”)
- Martin-Tumasz, S. and Brow, D.A. (2015) Saccharomyces cerevisiae Sen1 helicase domain exhibits 5’ to 3’ helicase activity with a preference for translocation on DNA rather than RNA. J. Biol. Chem., jbc.M115.674002 (epub)
- Brow, DA. (2015) An RNA mystery and its denouement. RNA 21: 576-7.
- Burke, JE, SE Butcher†, and DA Brow†. (2015) Spliceosome assembly in the absence of stable U4/U6 RNA pairing. RNA 21, 923-34
† corresponding authors
- Chen X, Müller U, Sundling KE, Brow DA (2014) Saccharomyces cerevisiae Sen1 as a model for the study of mutations in human Senataxin that elicit cerebellar ataxia. Genetics 198(2):577-90 (PMC4196614)
- Montemayor, E.J., Curran, E.C., Liao, H.H., Andrews, K.L., Treba, C.N., Butcher†, S.E. , and Brow†, D.A. (2014). Core structure of the U6 snRNP at 1.7 Å resolution. Nature Struct. Molec. Biol. 21(6):544-51 (PMC4141773) †corresponding authors.
- Price, A.M., Görnemann, J., Guthrie, C., and Brow, D.A. (2014). An unanticipated early function of DEAD-box ATPase Prp28 during commitment to splicing is modulated by U5 snRNP protein Prp8. RNA 20, 46-60.
- Brow, D.A. (2011). Sen-sing RNA terminators. Molec. Cell 42, 717-718.
- Martin-Tumasz, S., Richie, A.C., Clos, L.J. II, Brow†, D.A., and Butcher†, S.E. (2011). A novel occluded RNA recognition motif in Prp24 unwinds the U6 RNA internal stem loop. Nucl. Acids Res. doi: 10.1093/nar/gkr455. †corresponding authors
- Brow, D.A. (2009). Eye on RNA unwinding. Nature Struct. Mol. Biol. 16, 7-8.
- Kuehner, J.N., and D.A. Brow. (2008). Regulation of a eukaryotic gene by GTP-dependent start site selection and transcription attenuation. Molec. Cell 31, 201-211. (Cover article)
- McManus, C.J., M.L. Schwartz, S.E. Butcher, and D.A. Brow. (2007). A dynamic bulge in the U6 RNA internal stem-loop functions in spliceosome assembly and activation. RNA 13, 2252-2265.
- Bae, E., N.J. Reiter, C.A. Bingman, S.S. Kwan, D. Lee, G.N. Phillips Jr., S.E. Butcher, and D.A. Brow. (2007). Structure and interactions of the first three RNA recognition motifs of splicing factor Prp24. J. Mol. Biol., 367, 1447-1458.
- Steinmetz, E.J., C.L. Warren, J.N. Kuehner, B. Panbehi, A.Z. Ansari, and D.A. Brow. (2006). Genome-wide distribution of yeast RNA polymerase II and its control by Sen1 helicase. Molec. Cell 24, 735-746. (Cover article)